Friday, July 16, 2010

June/early-July Redux - PART 1

It seems a little rain would cool things down a bit. Not so. This must be what hanging out inside a mouth feels like. Baby, it's hot outside and I don't want to do nuthin', except maybe go to the movies (Toy Story 3 really is as good as the critics say it is!), lounge in front of the a.c. with a good book and watch a stupid amount of Bones episodes on Netflix. So what's new? A wedding reception in the midwest. After Seth and I eloped in November my folks asked if they could throw us a party. YES, PLEASE!!!! So, we headed to Illinois to celebrate with my hometown friends and family on June 10.
It really couldn't have been more fun. Seth and I got to hang out with family and friends, meet my brand-new nephew for the first time (and he's so cute), get a special marriage blessing from my dad (aka Deacon Dan), listen to a jazz band that was so good they just knocked my socks off, and eat yummy, yummy cake...German chocolate, carrot, pina colada, Italian cream, chocolate raspberry, each flavor better than the last:
Thanks for the party, Mom and Dad--and thanks for the memories. It was so good to see everyone. (If you're reading this and you were at the party--I miss you and wish I could see you more often!) Check out the slideshow on my flickr account for more (many, many more) snapshots. Also my cousin Emily wrote a fun post about the party on her blog, too. Thanks, Em! It was great to see you.

No comments: