My sister, Hillary, and I started a new family tradition last year: Camping at Clearwater State Park in western Pennsylvania.
Last year it was just Hillary, Spencer, Wyatt, Seth and me. This year TWO new additions joined in on the family fun--my brother-in-law, Dan, and brand new nephew, Jesse.
The whole trip was great fun, but my favorite part was heading back into the "Bysterious Beyond."
Finding more cool rocks to climb on...
...and more mushrooms to photograph for Spencer's collection. That's Spencer's finger, for scale.
1) Tubing. My camera battery died, so I didn't get any pictures--in the water, that is. (Hill, if you're reading this, you'll have to e-mail me a few photos to post here! Oh, and thanks so much for the awesome wedding gift. Seth and I love our new big blue inflatable "wedding rings.")
2) Friday night dinner featuring Hillary and Dan's chicken and veggie kebabs with tzatziki sauce. Delicious, colorful, and artfully arranged on the grill!
3) The Corbett Road sign Dan found while running errands. (Dan actually took photos of the Corbett sisters--aka Hill and me--standing in front of the sign but I was having a really bad hair day/bad T-shirt day and am too embarrassed to post the pics here. Note to self: face cleanser is NOT a good substitute for shampoo and the Cats T-shirt was cool in high school, but it's not so hot now.):
4) Discovering that Jesse can sleep anywhere, in any position. Too funny!
5) Chilly evenings at our cozy campsite. Check out more photos here at flickr!