Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame!

St. Louis is famous for the Cardinals, but head east to Sauget, Illinois, and you're in Gateway Grizzlies territory.
The 2003 Frontier League Champions took on the Evansville Otters on a balmy evening in late June in the first of a three game series and Seth and I were there with my mom and dad to cheer them on:
Sw-innngg Batter!

We opted to sit in the premium seats since the hot tub section was sold out:
I wonder if the new Busch Stadium has one.

And Mom didn't have to bring a book to read when the game got a little bit dull (like she did at the Cardinal's games when my sis and I were little) since there were all kinds of fun things happening around us: raffles, frozen T-shirt contests, an announcer who yelled "boring" every time the pitcher tried to pick off anyone trying to steal first base, and a dance routine during the seventh inning stretch:Move over Fredbird, it's Izzy Grizzly!

No comments: